Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Weng is now Lyn

Let me introduce you to our maid Weng. She's 16 years old. I don't know if we're violating the labor code by hiring her, but I swear we're really nice to her naman e. Like, the only work she does is look after my shih-tzu, and of course, get stuff. I hate going out of my room. Actually, I hate moving, so I make her get everything I need.

Anyway, she's been with us for a year. My mom decided that we should be charitable and help the poor, so we sent Weng to school. I was super excited, because I miss shopping for school supplies. I was tasked to buy all her stuff. I hate long lines so I went to National Bookstore, Eastwood. Smart noh? I could've bought the artista notebook, but no. I will not have my maid use cheap notebooks, noh. Yucky. I handpicked everything myself, of course with the help of my trustee handsome boyfriend--whom I shall name John (for the sake of anonymity, and it's so Sex and the City)--carrying the shopping basket. I bought pink everything! Pink notebooks, pink pens, pink pencil case...

When I got home, I was super excited to give her the stuff. She was super happy. Moments later, I caught her removing the spring of those beautiful notebooks, and sewing them together with yarn. The horror. There I was teaching her style, and what does she do? She barrio-fies it. I told her that if I only knew that she was going to fuglify those notebooks then I would have bought the cheap notebooks na lang. She's so stupid. I swear.

She tried defending her stupidity by saying that her classmates used to do it to their notebooks. Good Lord. What planet was she from. Sewing notebooks with yarn? That's sooo 90's. Cheap 90's at that. Syempre I tried to understand her na rin kasi she's from the bundocks. Poor girl.

I tried fixing the crisis by making labels for her stuff. I asked her what name should I print in my labeler thingie. She said "Lyn." What the fuck? Is she trying to have a new identity? Does Weng sound too maid-ish?


No comments:

Post a Comment